Friday, December 24, 2010

Mistletoe Advent Calendar

Growing up, one of my favorite Christmas traditions was our Advent calendar.  Inside each little door was a piece of the Nativity scene waiting to be discovered.  I've searched high and low for an Advent calendar that was like the one I had growing up, but couldn't find one I loved.  So, I made my own!  


In each box is a little ornament that makes up part of the Nativity scene.  Each morning a box gets opened and the ornament goes on the little tree.  I look forward to sharing this tradition with my children in the future! :o)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Mistletoe B&T, Mistletoe Creative Basics B&T
Ink: Cocoa, Cranberry, New England Ivy
Stamps: All the Best, Christmas Melodies (D1324)
Other: Countdown Calendar (Karen Foster), Mistletoe Lv. 2 Assortment (Z1330), Opaques Pearls (Z1336), Red Sparkles (Z1326), paper flowers/trees (Making Memories), ribbon and buttons (from stash)

1 comment:

  1. What a special Advent calendar! Mistletoe is perfect for this--love it!

    ReplyDelete