Thursday, April 7, 2011

A "Magnifique" Birthday

Next Friday is my mom's birthday and I'm so proud of myself that I have her card completed with a week to spare (which is good since I have to mail it to her)!  Normally I'm making the birthday card the night before, yup I'm a professional procrastinator! :o)


My mom loves blues and teals so I knew I had to use the beautiful Magnifique paper packet for her card.  The Piece of Cake stamp set is one of my favorites for girly birthday cards.  The cakes are just so cute and yummy looking!  I used a sketch from the Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog.  The more I look at it, the more I think the background papers might be a little too busy, but oh well! I'm sure my momma will love it! 

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Colonial White, Pacifica cardstock; Magnifique B&T
Ink: Lagoon, Pacifica, Sky; Timber Brown StazOn
Stamps: Piece of Cake (D1407)
Other: Blending Pen (3174), Mocha Opaques Adhesive Gems (Z1333); seam binding ribbon (from stash)

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this. I never thought of using magnifique for a bithday and certainly not that paper out of the pack. Hoe greast!

    ReplyDelete