Monday, September 24, 2012

Sweet Little Monkey

Hi friends!

Taking a break from studying for boards (ok ok, so I haven't really started studying yet...but I do intend to start right after I finish this post...I promise...) and thought I'd share with you my new addiction craft.

One of my sweet nursing school buddies taught me how to crochet over Christmas break...and I LOVE it!!! While stamping and papercrafting will always be my first love, there's room in this crafty heart (and on this crafty blog) for other fun things as well.  One of the things I love about crocheting is that I can work on projects anywhere, not just in my craft room.  That became super important to me during school because I could work on a project in the living room and hang out with my sweet hubby at the same time.  We didn't always get to spend alot of time together, so I just couldn't bring myself to hole up in my craft room to scrapbook...ya know?!?

Anywho, back to the reason for posting...my best friend just had a sweet little boy a couple weeks ago and I decided to crochet him a sweet little monkey hat!  Here it is:


Isn't it cute?!?  I've made other beanie hats for babies, but this was the first "character" hat I tried.  I'm pretty proud of myself!

And here's a picture of my Little Bean (that's what I've called him since his first ultrasound photo when he looked like a bean...and it stuck...poor kid...) sporting his monkey hat at less than 12 hours old:


Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?!? :o)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment